The Ministry of External Affairs gives internships in the course of 12 months. The internship program provides an outstanding possibility for pupils to recognize the formula of foreign coverage and its implementation with India’s aid.
Interns will get to work under the supervision of the involved Head of Division (HOD) or Head of Mission (HOM)/Head of Post (HOP). They may be required to behavior research, write reports, analyze evolving trends, or perform any other undertaking entrusted to them with the HOD/HOM/HOP aid. Interns might be required to work from within the Ministry’s premises. Necessary logistical support can be furnished to interns taking into consideration the purposeful requirements. No monetary remuneration shall be paid to the interns. The internship program shall neither be an employment nor the guarantee of any employment with the Ministry.
1. Candidate ought to be inside the final 12 months of an undergraduate direction or possess a graduate degree before the graduation of the internship. Preference may be given to candidates with first-rate instructional tune files from institutions of repute and credible suggestions from schools who’ve taught/guided them within the beyond, and additionally to research students.
2. An intern needs to have no longer attained 30 years at the software date.
3. Internship program for MEA Headquarters is open for Indian residents most effective. Interested Indian residents, OCI cardholders, and overseas nationals may also practice internships in Indian Missions and Posts overseas.
4. An intern may be required to work simplest on-site (i.E. Inside premises of Ministry/ Missions/Posts). The off-site internship isn’t always available at Headquarters/Missions/Posts.
About the Internship program:
The internship program at headquarters consists of an attachment with one of the Divisions in the Ministry. Also, the program shall include a briefing session with the Administration Division at the structure and functioning of the Ministry. A certificate could be issued using Administration Division primarily based on the recommendation of the Head of Division. The interns may additionally publish a file on their internship’s finishing touch to the Head of Division/Mission/Post. The intern can also publish his/her views and feedback at the internship program to the worried Head of Division/Mission/Post. The applicant can be informed of approximately the start of their internship upon selection. Once decided on, the internship shall be for a duration of one to six months. Extension, in outstanding cases, may be granted on a case-to-case basis for the intern at MEA Headquarters only.
How to use:
Download the Proforma for application right here. The programs can be sent to the workplace of the Joint Secretary (Administration) via registered/speed submit, at the following address:
- Joint Secretary (Administration)
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Room No.149 A, South Block
- New Delhi – 110011.
A strengthened copy of the application with attachments can be despatched by e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] Query, if any, may be addressed to Under Secretary (FSP) at [email protected] with a duplicate to [email protected] Applications duly stuffed in and complete in all admire with required documents must reach at least 4 months before the internship’s commencement.
Check to list:
1. Duly filled in Application Form.
2. Copy of as a minimum three documentary proofs of identification which might also encompass reproduction of Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving License/Ration Card and so forth. In the case of Indian nationals; and Passport, OCI card, and National Identity Card in OCI cardholders.
3. Curriculum Vitae.
4. Introduction letter from the Head of Institution on the reliable stationery where the applicant studied/analyzing.
5. No objection certificates from University/Institution if the internship is to be pursued in parallel with an ongoing path.
6. Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all the accomplishments stated in Paras 8, 9, and 13 of the Application Form (educational qualifications, modern courses being pursued, and tasks undertaken).
All programs will be scrutinized inside the Ministry through a Selection Committee, and intimation will be sent to chose applicants. The Selection Committee may also conduct a personal interplay with the applicant and additionally verify original documents. The Selection Committee’s decision will be very last and binding, and no queries shall be entertained after the entirety of the selection system. Applicants are counseled to apply at least four months before the intended date of start of the internship. Approximately thirty interns may be engaged by using the Ministry at a given point in time. Up to two interns can be engaged using Missions/Posts overseas. The Ministry/Mission/Post might also terminate the intern’s engagement at any point without giving any cause, as Ministry deems it in shape. Ministry’s selection will be very last in this regard. Intern can pick to go away the program, if she/he so goals, giving prior observe of 1 week to the Ministry.