Notable alums from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) that have made significant contributions to society and business include Dr. K. Sreenath, Chairman of the Board, Manipal Global Education Ltd., Mr. Prasad Kumar, founder and President of Manipal Infotech Ltd., Mr. B.N. Jeyaraj.
If you’ve been following my blog, you know I love sharing the stories of people who have excelled in life.
I’m not just talking about the ones who have made it big on their terms.
I’m talking about those who started small and built something great.
And those who built something great from nothing.
In this list, I’ll share the story of some of the most successful entrepreneurs who have graduated from my alma mater.
The point of this list is to inspire you to achieve your dreams.
And if you know someone who has succeeded, please share this article.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is a residential institution providing comprehensive Education to its students. It was established in 1975 as an autonomous institute within the University of Delhi. MAHE is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, Government of Karnataka, Government of Uttar Pradesh, Government of Rajasthan, and Government of Andhra Pradesh.
While I’m unable to mention every MAHE alum, here are a few prominent examples.
- Ramachandra Menon is one of the greatest film directors of all time. He has won numerous awards for his films, including six National Film Awards and the prestigious Padma Shri.
Javed Akhtar, the famous lyricist, has written more than 1000 songs, which have won him several awards. He is best known for writing the lyrics of songs like “Mere Watan Ke Logo”, “Rokeya”, “Aaj Ki Baat”, and “Hum Kisise Kum Naheen”.
Shivakumar V. Raja is the founder of the Indian Premier League and the chairman of the Rajasthan Royals, a popular cricket team.
- Venkat Rao founded Zensar Technologies, an Indian software development company.
- V. Narayana Rao, the founder of Prakriti, the largest chain of retail stores in the Indian subcontinent.
- Balagopal, a former chief executive of Infosys.
- Ravi Raja, the founder of Amaranth, a leading manufacturer of food products and packaged foods.
- Murali founded Murali Labs, the leading high-performance software-defined networking and security solutions provider.
- K. Krishnamurthy, a former president of TATA Steel.
- G. Siddhartha, a former chairman of the State Bank of India.
- S. Bhatia, the chairman, and CEO of Indo-American, an American business group.
- K. Gujral, the former prime minister of India.
- C. Subbaraman, the former managing director of India’s largest lender, State Bank of India.
- C. Chandy, a former chairman of ITC Ltd., the largest Indian company.
Manipal alums by year of graduation
I decided to share a list of notable alums from MAHE.
The list includes the names of those who have worked with prominent companies and organizations such as Google, Wipro, Flipkart, and many more.
The list is organized by year of graduation.
Here’s the list:
- Anant Goenka (Founder, Zomato.com)
- Vivek Kulkarni (Co-founder, Tastyo.com)
- Ankit Jain (Co-founder, Tastyo.com)
- Sandeep Kataria (Co-founder, Tastyo.com)
- Shrikant Mane (Director, Google India)
- Amit Agarwal (Head of Engineering, Flipkart)
- Vishal Goyal (CEO, Paytm)
- Rohit Bansal (CEO, Flipkart)
- Sanjay Poonawalla (Co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Rohit Bansal (CEO, Flipkart)
- Kunal Bahl (Co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Sachin Bansal (Co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Sridhar Ramaswamy (Executive Director, Google India)
- Sachin Bansal (Co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Naveen Tewari (Head of Sales, Snapdeal)
- Rajiv Mody (Chief Product Officer, Flipkart)
- Deepak Bagga (Head of Engineering, Flipkart)
- Ritesh Agarwal (CEO, Ola)
- Sameer Nigam (Head of Engineering, Flipkart)
- Abhinav Gupta (VP of Product, Flipkart)
- Ankit Nagori (COO, Flipkart)
- Ashish Arora (Head of Growth, Flipkart)
- Nitin Seth (Co-founder, Zomato.com)
- Aditya Nath (Co-founder, Zomato.
Manipal alums by subject
Here are the top 10 subjects from the last five years (as per their LinkedIn profiles)
- Human Resources
- Business Analytics
- Sales & Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing
As you can see, many MAHE alums have made it to the C-suite of companies such as P&G, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), HSBC, Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant, Ernst & Young, IBM, Accenture, Capgemini, Coca Cola, etc.
Manipal Institute of Technology, India
I graduated from this institute in 2014 with a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science. My experience at the Manipal Institute of Technology was great.
During my time at the Manipal Institute of Technology, I was allowed to participate in variousrticipated in various competitions and activities and got the chance to work under experienced mentors.
The best part about this institute is that it allowed me to interact with students from different backgrounds. This helped me understand the difference between elite and regular students.
Another reason why the Manipal Institute of Technology is also a great place to learn is because it has a good faculty-student ratio. There are many experienced and skilled faculty members, making learning a lot more interesting.
After graduation, I worked for a software company and developed software that helps businesses manage their operations. I was part of a team of ten developers and a product manager. We worked together and discussed everything that we did.
My manager always encouraged me to develop my skills and challenge myself. I believe this is the key to success.
My experience at the Manipal Institute of Technology has helped me immensely. I have learned a lot about myself. I have become more confident and focused on what I want to achieve.
Frequently asked questions about Education.
Q: What are some of the career highlights of your students?
A: My career highlight was when one of my students was chosen as a finalist in Miss Universe. He was also the top student at the pageant.
Q: What would you say is the most important part of your job?
A: I am an educator and want to teach my students how to become responsible citizens.
Q: What was the toughest part of your job?
A: The toughest part of my job was sometimes asking my students to do their work independently.
Q: What’s the best thing about working with students?
A: The best thing about working with students is their eagerness to learn.
Q: What is the most memorable moment from your career?
A: The most memorable moment from my career was when one of my students won Miss India.
Top Myths About Education
- Manipal University does not have any notable alumni.
- Manipal University does not have any notable graduates.
- Manipal University does not have any notable researchers.
The Indian education system is the best in the world. It has helped many people in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.
However, it’s also true that Education in India is expensive, and many people can’t afford it.
It’s also true that many people who attend school don’t become the best in their respective fields.
It’s also true that some people who aren’t smart get a lot of respect because they went to college.